Posts Tagged ‘La Caixa’
Following the UK confirming that those returning from overseas travel will have to Self-isolate for 14 days, the Spanish Government has followed suit imposing the same restrictions. With this in mind, the question is – will you be receiving no rental income in 2020?
This year’s Summer Holiday season may well and truly be cancelled.
If you are reliant on rental income to support:
- Your mortgage payments,
- IBI taxes, and
- Community Fees on your Spanish Second Home –
The above will see you face increasing pressure to top-up payments from your home income.
Speaking with a local Costa Del Sol Agent:
- It was confirmed that many Second Home Owners will take on long term rentals but given supply, these rental agreements will be very low in income.
Furthermore, many will be left without employment & may fall behind on their rent.
Second Home headaches are stressful enough in more positive times, but in these trying circumstances, they can be a real burden.
EU Property Solutions can end this burden in an effective manner without the need to travel to Spain.
We can help so your not asking yourself if you will be receiving no rental income in 2020?
Especially if the mortgage is greater than the true market price and the associated selling costs…which can be as much as 12%.
EU Property Solutions have options and plans for every eventuality, ensuring we protect you, your income, your home, pensions, and other assets – from any potential or ensuing legal threat.
WE HAVE THE SOLUTIONS TO DEAL WITH SPANISH PROPERTY DEBT ISSUES.
CORONAVIRUS – NO TRAVEL, NO PROBLEM – WE HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR YOU.
The world continues to be an uncertain place. In the UK the Government has announced its stepped plan to restore normality in the midst of Coronavirus – travel restrictions. We can help you get rid of your overseas property – without visiting Spain.
One thing that has hit the headlines is a 2-week self-isolation for those returning from abroad, bar France.
This is clearly detrimental for those looking to get rid of property overseas, especially during this period. No one wants to self-isolate for 2 weeks having been on lockdown for some time.
EU Property Solutions legal process allows you to get rid of your overseas property without visiting Spain. Here is how:
- You swear a Power of Attorney allowing our Legal Team in Spain to represent you and sign documentation in the country on your behalf. This is arguably the most you will travel – to a local notary to have this document sworn.
- We will arrange access for a Lender Valuation. Just give us the keys or tell us your keyholder’s details.
- We will communicate with the Lender on your behalf. Including any face to face requirements.
- We will sign the Legal Paperwork and conclude the case on your behalf.
Trust is key in this process. Trust us to do right by you and we need to trust you will cooperate to get the desired conclusion.
If your Spanish property is detrimental, especially now during this pandemic ~ respond. Allow EU Property Solutions to resolve the matter on your behalf from the safety of your home.
EU Property Solutions have options and plans for every eventuality. We ensure we will protect you, your income, your home, pensions, and other assets – from any potential or ensuing legal threat.
WE HAVE THE SOLUTIONS TO HELP YOU DEAL WITH GETTING RID OF YOUR PROPERTY – WITHOUT VISITING SPAIN.
We recently had a great write-up from Mark Stucklin – a Barcelona-based Spanish property market analyst, and author of the ‘Spanish Property Doctor’ column in the Sunday Times (2005 – 2008) on the Coronavirus Crisis and the downhill effect.
Spanish mortgage relief for borrowers falling victim to the coronavirus crash.
I’ve had enquiries about the mortgage repayment moratorium that the Spanish Government introduced for people struggling with mortgages due to coronavirus.
The scope of the moratorium is understandably limited to residents struggling to pay the mortgage on their main home.
Non-resident and holiday-home owners don’t qualify for relief, but anyone in those groups now struggling to pay a mortgage in Spain will find some advice at the bottom of this article.
The mortgage repayment relief was approved by royal decree in March as part of economic measures worth 200 billion Euros.
The first thing to note is that this moratorium only applies to residents of Spain so ones struggling with their main home.
Don’t expect any relief if you can’t pay the mortgage on your holiday home:
- because tourist rental bookings have collapsed, or
- you lost your job back home.
If that’s your situation, skip to the bottom of the article and receive some advice.
Borrowers who qualify for relief can apply for a temporary and interest-free mortgage repayment holiday or deferment.
An application can be submitted up to 15 days or so after the decree has expired.
Some sources report this deadline for applications as currently standing on the 3rd of May.
Spanish mortgage moratorium requirements
- Borrowers who can demonstrate they have lost their job or seen their income slashed by 40% or more
- Family income in the month prior to requesting mortgage payment relief was no higher than three times the IPREM household income reference point,
- Mortgage repayment plus expenses and monthly utility costs greater than or equal to 35% of net household income.
- Mortgage repayments as a percentage of household income have increased by at least 1.3 as a result of the Coronavirus.
You have to apply for this mortgage relief with your lender providing:
- Proof of unemployment and business distress,
- Your Family Book to accredit household members and dependents,
- Homeownership documents including the nota simple land registry filing,
- Deeds of sale and mortgage deeds, and
- A debtor’s declaration of responsibility in compliance with the requirements of this decree
Non-resident and second-home owners in financial distress
If you find yourself in financial distress as a non-resident or second-home owner due to this crisis you may see yourself miss your Spanish mortgage repayments.
You need to get hold of the situation quickly and start talking to your lender about the options.
If you feel you need professional help from experts who know how to negotiate with banks and get you the best outcome, get in touch with financial distress and negative equity experts EU Property Solutions to discuss your case.