Did you buy the dream which has now turned into a nightmare?
Don’t take NO for an answer…The reason for our continued success across Europe, mainly Spain and Cyprus, is our refusal to take the 1st, 2nd or 3rd NO as the answer.
Murcia’s and most of the Costa’s credit-fuelled building spree up to 2008+ has ended in a rash of repossessions, empty villas, and roads to nowhere. The developments were once Europe’s most ambitious holiday home projects and the vast developments, golf courses, etc financed by supersized loans from Spain’s Cajas and Banks.
The properties were widely advertised on television in the UK to entice investors chasing the good life in the sun and hoping to profit from the property boom.
But now, years on, the holiday dream of sun-drenched apartments overlooking golf courses has turned sour. Apartments that once sold for €200,000 (£160,000) are struggling to fetch €60,000. The last resorts built are now ghost villages.
Today the bank-owned apartments that were selling for €200,000 at the market’s height, are being offered “as new” for €68,000 by the banks desperate to recover as much as they can.
Private sellers asking €50,000 struggle to find a buyer. Many owners who want to bail out can’t as their mortgages exceed the value of the property. This week has been a massively successful week so far for EU Property Solutions – but that would not have been the case if we accepted ‘no’ as our first answer.
Our mantra and that of our sister company www.bellcomp.co.uk is:
‘Don’t take no for an answer, keep knocking down walls until someone says yes!’ – This is how we get results!
An example of our work saw:
- A couple of retirement age approaching us last year.
- They had been ‘sold the dream’ back in the day. An apartment purchased for €200,000, they remembered the date they signed, April 2008.
- On the 15th September of the same year, just five months later, ‘their dream became a nightmare’. Overnight the value of their property plummeted to €80,000 and had not improved since.
- The negative equity shortfall was c€100,000.
- This couple had a 10-year interest-only mortgage and at the beginning of 2017 their mortgage payments doubled. Payment chances = none!
- Almost ready for retirement, with a reduced income, the couple approached their lender to try to hand the property back or negotiate the repayments and write down the mortgage.
They were ‘at their wit’s end’ when the Bank rejected their offers/approaches.
The couple approached us for help. We approached the lender and after months of negotiation settled with them. They said NO to start with and NO again but we persevered and won. The €100,000 shortfall was settled for £20,000, including fees and genuine telephone testimonials are available to back up our results.
We would say this but it is imperative that you engage with a company like EU Property Solutions to make representation for you to the Banks if you face such an issue across Europe and beyond. (We recently achieved a settlement in New Zealand.